End of Mainstream Support for Lync 2010 Products
Microsoft will stop supporting following products under mainstream support, as of April 12 2016.
- Microsoft Lync 2010
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendant
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Group Chat
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Group Chat Software Development Kit
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Software Development Kit
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition
These products will still be available under extended support. A customer of Microsoft would not get following features, if still using Lync 2010 family product(s).
- Can't request a new feature
- Can't request design change
- Won't get non-security updates
- Keep getting security updates until end of extended support
Lync works in integration with various products. It impacts other products as well if something goes wrong. Hence, it’s strongly advisable to upgrade these products to the latest version(s).
Support lifecycle of a Microsoft product can be checked athttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?wa=wsignin1.0