Unable to join meeting using Skype for Business Web App
If you don’t have the desktop version of Skype for Business, or don’t have a Skype for Business account, you can use Skype for Business Web App to join a Skype Meeting from your browser.
You might get an error (below) while trying to join using web app plugin.
Clicking on above link results into the following error.
Above error clearly displays http error 404 to suggest that the virtual directory path /lwa/WebPages/LwaClient.aspx doesn’t exist.
When I checked the front end server IIS websites, I found that the “lwa” virtual directory doesn’t exist. The virtual directory was not created on Front End servers despite an error free installation.
You may encounter it if Skype for Business Web Application is not installed properly.
- Insert the Skype for Business Server 2015 installation media
- Navigate and run EnterpriseWebApp.msi (Setup => amd64 => Setup)
- On the Welcome screen, click Next
- Click Remove and Next.
- Above steps would help you uninstall the web application. Now, you need to re-install it by following below steps.
- Navigate and run Bootstrapper.exe (C:\Program Files\Skype for Business Server 2015\Deployment)
- It would launch a command prompt to run required commands
- The process would automatically find out absence of web application and install it
- Once installed, restart the external web site in IIS manager
- You would notice following virtual directory
Run the sequence of steps on each of the front end servers. The Skype for Business web app should work without any issue after ensuring creation of law virtual directory on each of the front end servers.