Hybrid Workplace - An Essential Strategy
What is a Hybrid Workplace
A hybrid workplace model allows employees to work from home, office and anywhere in between. This configuration of a workplace grants organizations and employees a much-needed flexibility and agility. Earlier models of the workplace were “location” centric. Either an enterprise wanted its employee to work from the office primarily or remote. However, this pandemic (CoVID) changed this strategy for both types of workplace models. Now, it’s not about “location”, rather, its about “employee”. It’s about experience and productivity of employees rather than which location an employee works from or which device an employee is operating from. Hybrid workplace provides many benefits to organizations and employees.
Setting the Stage for a Hybrid Workplace
- Allow employees to operate from anywhere.
- Ensure that workspace of employees does have a video conferencing unit
- Onboard and adopt touchless devices as much as possible
- Implement digital collaboration tools.
- Fund expenses of employees accordingly.
- Institute methods for pervasive communications.
- Use tools to track productivity and experience.
Benefits of a Hybrid Workplace
Organizations get better productivity from employees.
Employees get a better work life balance due to flexibility to chose a right time to work and a right place to work from.
An organization with an effective hybrid workplace strategy has a better chance to retain its employees compared to the ones having a less effective strategy.
This also helps organization to allow a level playing field for their differently abled employees.
Organizations also benefit in terms of saving cost on the physical spaces.